Since 2016, We have worked in Arkansas communities to bring cultures together through education and the arts. We uplift Hispanic artists, dancers, musicians, and educate the public on the nuances of Latin America. Our events are multi-layered, participatory, and supported by individuals and businesses who value the well-being of communities.
Traveling Arts Fiesta supports and promotes Arkansas-based Latino artists, builds bridges and relationships between cultures, provides public platforms and initiates dialogue, integrates education with the arts, and combats community apathy.
What We've Achieved
- Networked with professional Latinx artists and performers to provide top quality fiestas
- Held ground-breaking events in our region, such as the now-annual Dia de Los Muertos Parade & Cemetery Talk
- Worked with other community-building agencies to address the gap in well-being resources available in rural communities
- Connected with more than 15,000 people in our first two seasons
- Delivered educational programs on Cuba, Chile & Puerto Rico
- Added to the vibrancy of rural Arkansas
- Received coverage in the state and regional newspapers, on radio, in a regional magazine, and featured in a segment on Univision Arkansas
- Involved in developing lesson plans and performing at local schools and regional art events
- Concentrated on making our events accessible to all